Created in 2007, iLoveKent.net is a locally-owned, independent community news and events website founded by Dana Neuts.
While Dana is no longer involved in the day-to-day operation of iLoveKent, it will continue to function in the manner she first intended – to focus mostly on local news, events, arts, culture and more. She will remain an Advisor, but will not make any editorial or operational decisions.
Under the new management of Scott & Theresa Schaefer of South King Media, watch for this website to grow and utilize more modern technologies like video, audio and other multimedia – which isn’t currently being delivered by the aging print industry – in a high production manner based on Scott’s 33+ years’ of award-winning experience in the TV/media business.
This website will also continue to share information about Kent events, businesses, nonprofits, resources and more. NOTE: iLoveKent.net is not related to any other Kent organization or government entity.
In addition to Scott, other contributors include:
- Theresa Schaefer, Sales Manager. Scott’s wife most recently served as a member of the Victorinox Swiss Army Sales Management team. Theresa is a veteran sales and marketing professional – with deep customer service experience at Nordstrom – who is ready to help locals love your business. Email her for our Media Kit.
- Michelle Gehlman-Teeter, Writer/Photographer from Kent. Michelle is a contributor who loves to find interesting places to go and fun things to do, then share them with readers. Click links to see her writing, photography or Facebook page.
- Michael Brunk, Photographer/Technical Guru. With a love of photography that spans more than 20 years, Michael has fond memories of film but wouldn’t give up his digital SLR for anything. His checkered past includes stints as a monthly columnist for a nationally published magazine on telecommunications and technology and several years reviewing movies. He’s also been known to dabble in community theater. His main qualifications are a large camera and free time. He also builds and maintains the code that runs our sites, and has served as a vital behind-the-scenes figure (so much so that he’s inspired his own verb for high quality work: Brunksmanship).
- Jack Mayne, Associate Publisher/Senior Reporter. Jack Mayne has done about all there is to do in print journalism, and rumors are that ink still runs through his veins. He was City Editor of the Seattle P.I. back in its glory days, edited the Journal American in Bellevue and Valley Daily News in Kent in the 1990s (yes, he’s returning to town). Before that he was a freelance international journalist and reported from South Africa, China, visited over 80 countries and even covered a colonial war in the 20th century between the United Kingdom and Argentina over the desolate Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. He got his start at the Vancouver Province, thence to The Associated Press, becoming chief of the New England bureau, but a desire of AP to send him to Buffalo, N.Y., drove him back to Seattle. With writing for print becoming quaint and dated, he is now setting his sights on Web journalism and has written several stories for the South King Media and plans many more.
- Martha Cunningham, Writer. Martha is a project manager and editor with experience in marketing, legal services, educational materials and publishing. From brochures to books, she specializes in legal, academic and non-fiction: copy editing, proofreading, and photo processing. Martha is also a certified and experienced paralegal, a certified and experienced Montessori teacher and successful small business owner.
- Greg Wright, Writer/Columnist/Author. Greg served as Editor of The SeaTac Blog, and has written numerous columns for South King Media on arts & entertainment, the Seattle Seahawks and more. Other credits include Tolkien In Perspective: Sifting the Gold from the Glitter (2003) and Peter Jackson in Perspective: The Power Behind Cinema’s The Lord of the Rings (2004) and much more.
- Quinn Width, Photographer. After ending a lifetime career as an athlete, Quinn evolved a first love into an ongoing ambition to immortalize those singular action-packed moments into a frame. Quinn is a photographer that believes that perfection is truly a moving target; one that she regards as an accepted challenge.
- Mark Neuman, Writer/Marketing: former real-world Journalist, TV Host, Producer and Marketer, Mark is an old friend of Scott’s going back to when they worked on their high school newspaper together (West Seattle High’s “Chinook”). Mark has interviewed two US Presidents, cops, cooks and cartoonists, authors and artists, senators, singers, scholars and senior citizens, along with the first Mayor of Burien and a local man running for State Superior Court.
Explore iLoveKent.net to learn all that Washington’s 6th largest city offers: Seattle Thunderbirds hockey, Tacoma Stars indoor soccer, Kent Station, ShoWare Center, Green River Community College, Trader Joe’s, MOD Pizza, AMC Theaters 14, Lake Meridian, the Green River, historic downtown Kent, shopping, dining, events, arts and entertainment, sports, outdoor recreation, local non-profits and much more!
If you haven’t explored Kent lately, start with our calendar or our monthly events posts to see all of the fun things to do in Kent and experience Kent for yourself. It’s an amazing city, and we’re proud to be a part of it. If you love Kent too, please share our website and social media accounts with your friends and family.
Have suggestions for how to improve our site? Please email us. We’d love your feedback!
Thank you for visiting – we truly appreciate your support!