King County recommends that people and pets do not swim in Lake Fenwick in Kent, drink lake water, or engage in other water-contact activities, including letting your pets enter the water.
Samples collected recently at that lake had concentrations of the algal toxin microcystin that were above the State Department of Health Recommended Guidance thresholds.
As per state protocol, the lake has been posted with a Warning sign and will be re-sampled next week.
This closure will be in effect until the county can conduct two clean tests.
For more information about Harmful Algal Blooms please visit the Washington State Northwest Toxic Algae at www.nwtoxicalgae.org.