The Kent YMCA – scheduled to hold its Grand Opening this Saturday, Sept. 14 – announced Wednesday that “due to circumstances beyond our control, the pool and Aquatic Center will not be open on Grand Opening weekend, as originally planned.”
A specific reason for the closure was not announced.
“The safety of our members and our staff is our utmost concern,” they added.
A ribbon will be cut on the new 50,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility and aquatic center at 10 a.m. Saturday, followed by a community celebration and open house through 4 p.m.
Here’s a sampling of the FREE activities that will be offered at the grand opening:
- Last day to sign up as a Charter Member!
- Pick up membership cards and limited edition Kent Charter Member t-shirts
- Tour the new facility
- Taste free samples of foods from around the world at our community kitchen
- Dance and sing with us in the gymnasium
- Try out a sample group fitness class (Wear your active wear and sneakers)
- Take a walk on the suspended walking and running track
Swim in the new pool (Bring your swim suit)
“We cannot wait to see you on September 14. Bring the whole family and get ready to experience all that the Y has to offer — right here in Kent.”
Join the new Kent Y before Sept. 14 to also receive Charter Member gifts, while supplies last, and early access to the building. Join here:
Do you want to be part of the fun? Sign up to volunteer on Opening Day:
The Kent YMCA is located at 10828 SE 248th Street: