After more than 10 years of planning, community rallying, fundraising and construction, the Grand Opening of the new Kent YMCA on the East Hill will be Saturday, Sept. 14.
A ribbon will be cut on the new 50,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility and aquatic center at 10 a.m., followed by a community celebration and open house through 4 p.m.
Here’s a sampling of the FREE activities that will be offered at the grand opening:
- Last day to sign up as a Charter Member!
- Pick up membership cards and limited edition Kent Charter Member t-shirts
- Tour the new facility
- Taste free samples of foods from around the world at our community kitchen
- Dance and sing with us in the gymnasium
- Try out a sample group fitness class (Wear your active wear and sneakers)
- Take a walk on the suspended walking and running track
- Swim in the new pool (Bring your swim suit)
“We cannot wait to see you on September 14. Bring the whole family and get ready to experience all that the Y has to offer — right here in Kent.”
Join the new Kent Y before Sept. 14 to also receive Charter Member gifts, while supplies last, and early access to the building. Join here:
Do you want to be part of the fun? Sign up to volunteer on Opening Day:
The Kent YMCA is located at 10828 SE 248th Street: