The Kent Arts Commission released its 2019-2020 Spotlight Series schedule, and tickets are on sale now at www.kentarts.com or 253-856-5051:
- JigJam – September 27 – If you liked Banjo 3, we think you’ll also love JigJam. They have been called ‘The best Irish group so far in bluegrass’ and their show will be an unforgettable night of traditional Irish music, bluegrass, and Americana.
- Che Apalache – October 19 – An innovative and talented young group, deftly combining genres to create something new and fresh – in this case “Latingrass.”
- California Guitar Trio and Montreal Guitar Trio – October 26 – You don’t to miss an evening with these six virtuoso guitarists with stage presence to spare.
- Magical Strings Annual Celtic Yuletide Concert – December 8 – Music, Irish dancing, and storytelling make for a joyful afternoon that leaves concert-goers feeling like part of the family.
- A.J. Croce “Croce Plays Croce” – January 17 – A.J. Croce is the son of legendary singer-songwriter Jim Croce. A.J. will play his father’s classics, along with some of his own tunes.
- Seattle Rock Orchestra performs The Beach Boys – February 8 – This year, the ever-popular Seattle Rock Orchestra takes on the music of The Beach Boys, whose vocal harmonies and surf rock defined pop music in the 1960s.
- Carlene Carter – February 28 – As the daughter of June Carter Cash and country star Carl Smith, and the stepdaughter of Johnny Cash, Carlene Carter is American music royalty!
- “We Shall Overcome” – March 13 – This musical celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. promises to be an inspiring and moving event. It includes pieces of spoken word from Dr. King’s recorded speeches and is led by Damien Sneed who has collaborated and performed with Wynton Marsalis, Diana Ross, and Aretha Franklin.
- Catapult “Dancing Shadows” – March 19 – This phenomenal shadow dance company was launched into the national spotlight on America’s Got Talent. You won’t believe your eyes when you see the images and stories they create using their bodies.
Tickets are on sale now at www.kentarts.com or by calling 253-856-5051.