REMINDER: National Night Out will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, and the deadline to register is this Wednesday, July 31:
This is a great, annual opportunity for neighbors to come together to celebrate a more connected community.
Deadline to register for National Night Out 2019 is this Wednesday, July 31. If you haven’t registered and told Kent Police about your neighborhood’s event please do so ASAP, they need to coordinate all the visitors to visit all the events and don’t want to miss out on the fun at your event!
Visit www.kentwa.gov/NNO for more details and to register.
If you have registered already, remember to pick up your event bags with free give-aways, your NNO t-shirt, banner, and uninflated balloons in the Kent Police Department lobby (232 4th Ave S.) on Tuesday Aug. 6 anytime after 11 a.m.
If you have any National Night Out questions feel free to email Maureen McCaughan at [email protected].
We look forward to seeing you and your neighbors on Tuesday August 6, 2019 for National Night Out!
What is National Night Out?
National Night Out (NNO) is a time for neighbors to get together and “Give Crime a Going Away Party.”
Where Do I Start?
Think about what kind of event will work for you and your neighborhood. Are there a lot of kids in the neighborhood? Who is your target audience? Examples of past events: barbecues, potlucks, appetizers, desserts, ice cream socials, baked potato bars, cookies and milk, pie eating contests, water fights, yard sales, tricycle races, cleaning up graffiti, parading though the neighborhood, games, crafts, mini-carnival, or simply set up tables and chairs for people to just visit. The options are endless.
- Line up helpers so that you can divide up the work. Determine the best place in your neighborhood to have the event and then identify start and end times for your event. Typical events run from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Make a list of everything needed for your event such as tents, tables, chairs, plates, silverware, and napkins.
- Designate a photographer! Everyone will love to have pictures of the event afterwards and we use photos for the NNO award application. Email them to us!
- Give your neighbors plenty of notice. Post flyers or make phone calls too! Here is an invite for you to print and complete.
- On National Night Out, have someone pick up giveaways at the Kent Police Department
- Have name tags for everyone – it’s easier to break the ice with a name.
- Make visiting teams feel welcome. And, make sure you invite them to have some food. Visiting teams can consist of city officials such as the mayor and city council members, police officers, fire fighters, and other city employees.
- Even if you are not sure about what to do for this year’s event, you may still register!
Please complete this form to register your neighborhood for NNO 2019: National Night Out Registration
Registration deadline is Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
After you register, CLICK HERE for more information about when to pick up your bags etc.
For more information contact Maureen McCaughan at [email protected] or 253-856-5884.