At Relay for Life events, no one faces cancer alone – and all are invited to join the 2019 Relay for Life of South King County at French Field on June 7-8!
This event includes participants from around South King County, including the communities of Kent, Auburn, Federal Way, Covington, Maple Valley, Black Diamond, and Enumclaw.
Here’s what to expect:
- 6 p.m.: Opening Ceremonies. Time to get started. We kick off the event by honoring everyone who’s been affected by cancer and everyone who has contributed to the success of this year’s Relay season.
- 6 – 10:00 a.m. (overnight): We have activities running all night long – check the Event Entertainment Schedule for more details!
- 6:30 p.m.: Survivor Lap
- 6:40 p.m.: Caregiver Lap. Survivors and Caregivers are the heart and soul of Relay For Life events. We honor their strength and courage with every step they take. It doesn’t matter if you were diagnosed 10 days ago or 10 years ago, you can walk while everyone gathers together to cheer you on.
- 6:50 p.m.: Hero Lap
- 7 p.m.: Survivor Dinner (Olive Garden / Dining Area behind Grandstand)
- 10 p.m.: Luminaria Ceremony. During this ceremony we represent everyone touched by cancer with a Luminaria. Each light represents a life—a life taken by cancer, a survivor of cancer, or a support for a person still fighting the disease. It’s a powerful demonstration that gives people the opportunity to grieve but also offers comfort and hope.
Register now at www.relayforlife.org/southkingwa
For more info, contact: