REMINDER: The next Repair Time fix-it event is this Tuesday, April 9 at the Kent Library.
Bring your small household items including clothing and volunteers will work on them for free.
“We want to keep stuff out of the landfill, conserve resources and save you money. Free to the public!”
- You must be present during the repair.
- Experienced general “fixers” and sewing fixers will try to repair or mend your items, and can often also give you useful advice.
- There are no guarantees an item can be fixed, or that attempting to fix it won’t break it even more.
- Please only bring items small enough to be easily carried in by one person.
- Do not bring any items that are leaking, dangerous, contain gasoline, or have a strong odor.
- Clothing and other textiles you bring in for mending should be washed first.
- All King County repair events are first-come, first-served, with no appointments or set times. But please contact us in advance if possible to let us know what you plan to bring, so our fixers can be prepared.
- For specialized repairs (which many are), please bring any specific parts or materials needed for your repair.
To ask about your repair, or if you have questions about this event or any King County repair events, contact Tom Watson by e-mail or at 206-477-4481, or post a comment or question on the Facebook event page external link for this Kent event. Thanks!
WHAT: Kent Repair Event
WHEN: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 3-6 p.m.
WHERE: Kent Library, 212 2nd Ave N, Kent,WA 98032
Hope to see you at our next @KingCountyWA repair event, tomorrow, Tues. April 9th, 3-6pm at the Kent Library! https://t.co/GbZAVrhBGA At our 1st 3 events this year, in White Center, Bothell, SeaTac, we worked on a total of 215 items and fixed and mended 80 percent of them! @KCLS pic.twitter.com/06GqhN1MBm
— EcoConsumer (@ecoconsumer) April 8, 2019