Nominations for the Kent Chamber of Commerce’s Business Leadership Awards for 2019 are now open.
Awards will be presented at the chamber’s annual President’s Gala, to be held May 17 at the Renton Pavilion.
“The annual Business Excellence Awards recognize and applaud the exceptional leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit that member companies and their employees embody and share with our organization and our community. Nomination alone for one of these awards brings prestige,” the chamber said in a statement.
“Please join us in identifying those who deserve to be recognized by nominating a Kent Chamber member.”
The deadline to submit a nomination to the Chamber office is April 15, 2019.
- Educator of the Year – Presented to an educator, school administrator or businessperson who has made a significant impact to ensure a highly motivated and skilled workforce.
- Chamber Member of the Year – The award honors a member whose infectious enthusiasm, vision and drive has caused more businesses and their employees to be engaged and supportive of the Kent Chamber.
- Legislator/Government Employee of the Year – Awarded to an elected official or government employee who, through their actions and leadership, supported the business community’s need for reasonable costs for rules of doing business.
- Citizen of the Year – Awarded to a member that has contributed significant resources to the community, thus improving the livability and quality of the community through personal or company leadership.
- Customer Service of the Year – Presented to a member company that engages in exceptional customer service.
- Manufacturer of the Year – Honoring the individuals and companies that bring uncompromising excellence to Kent manufacturing.
- New Business of the Year – Awarded to a new business that has come to Kent. Must have opened doors in the last two years.
- Economic Engine of the Year – Presented to a member company that caused new jobs to be sustained in the area or maintained a significant number of current jobs to insure a stable job force in our community.
- Business of the Year – Presented to a member company that has engaged in civic and community leadership.
- Aerospace/Outer Space Company of the Year – (industry specialty category for 2019). Each year, the Kent Chamber will recognize industry specific businesses of the year. This will be awarded to an individual or business who through their efforts help advance flight.
Download the nomination form here.