The City of Kent is seeking applicants to fill two vacancies on the Kent Arts Commission.
The Arts Commission advises the City Council and staff in areas such as:
- Establishing cultural opportunities and arts education
- Improving the quality of life and enhancing the aesthetic environment
- Promoting Kent as a center for great arts
Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor in consultation with Arts Commission staff and confirmed by City Council.
Members serve four-year terms.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
The desired background for Arts Commissioners includes:
- Commitment to the arts in the Kent community
- Knowledge of arts issues and events in the Puget Sound region
- Arts education or experience
- Any of the following: public speaking, leadership experience, previous service on boards, commissions or councils, resource development, community involvement
Commissioners must reside or own property within the City or one of its utility or parks department service areas or, alternatively, work or own a business within the City’s municipal boundaries.
Interested parties may apply online at KentArts.com.