Kent Mayor Dana Ralph will present her proposed 2019-20 budget to Kent City Council at a special Council meeting next Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 5 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall (220 Fourth Avenue South, Kent, WA 98032).
The meeting is open to the public and will be televised live on Kent TV21.
The schedule for the budget process is as follows:
- Tuesday, September 25, 5 p.m.: Mayor’s presentation of the budget proposal to Kent City Council, followed by a special Council workshop
- Saturday, October 6, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.: All day special Council workshop
- Tuesday, October 9, 5 p.m.: Special Council workshop, if needed
- Tuesday, October 16, 5 p.m.: Council workshop on the budget, if needed, followed by a regularly-scheduled Council meeting
- Tuesday, November 6, 4 p.m.: Operations Committee will consider a recommendation that Council adopt the budget at its next meeting, November 20, followed by a City Council meeting at 5 p.m. (Note: The City Council meeting is scheduled earlier than usual because it is Election Day.)
- Tuesday, November 20, 7 p.m.: If the Operations Committee submits the finalized budget to City Council, it will be discussed and voted on at this meeting.
All meetings will be held in Council Chambers.
“This is my first budget process as mayor, and I am encouraged by the communication between City Council and myself throughout the process. I appreciate the Council’s willingness to discuss many important budget issues prior to this evening,” said Mayor Dana Ralph. “Because of that collaboration, I am presenting a budget that reflects our collective commitment to providing valuable city services to our residents in a cost-effective, fiscally-responsible manner and that supports our strategic planning and respects the input of our residents and businesses.”
For more information about the city budget process, or to sign-up to receive budget updates, visit KentWA.gov/Government/Budget-FAQs.