The cities of Kent and Federal Way invite human service organizations, whose specialty it is to serve under-represented populations, to apply for grant funding to support those efforts.
Collectively, the cities have made available, on a competitive basis, $45,000 for organizations to address needs identified by the cities’ human services boards or commissions.
Organizations eligible for this funding must:
- Have a budget of $250,000 or less
- Not have received funding from Federal Way, Tukwila or Kent between 2015-2018
- Specialize in serving under-represented and/or under-resourced populations including racially, ethnically and disadvantaged residents, refugees, immigrants, English language learners, or those who are LGBTQ
- Have a board of directors and staff that represent the population served
- Demonstrate that the service or assistance is being provided in, or to, a significant number of people living in one of the participating jurisdictions
- Address a human services need identified by the funding jurisdiction or an emerging need recognized by the jurisdiction’s human services board or commission
The Letter of Interest (LOI) will be available on each city’s website on September 17. A technical assistance meeting is scheduled September 25 from 9 to 11 a.m. (See LOI for details).
The LOI for funding is due on Oct. 5 at 4 p.m.
Kent’s application can be found at https://www.kentwa.gov/residents/human-social-services.