A Repair Time fix-it event will be coming to the Kent Library on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, from 3 – 6 p.m.
“Bring your small household items, including clothing! We want to keep stuff out of the landfill, conserve resources and save you money.”
This event is FREE to the public!
- Experienced all-purpose fixers and sewing fixers will try to repair or mend your items, and can also help you learn how to fix them next time.
- You must be present during the repair.
- There is no assurance an item can be fixed, or that attempting to fix it won’t break it even more.
- Please only bring items small enough to be easily carried in by one person. Do not bring any items that are leaking, dangerous, contain gasoline, or have a strong odor. Clothing and other textiles you bring in for mending should be washed first.
- Please sign up in advance if possible to let organizers know what you plan to bring, so fixers can be prepared. For specialized repairs (which many are), please bring any specific parts or materials needed for your repair.
- To sign up or if you have questions about any King County repair events, please contact Tom Watson by email or call 206-477-4481.
- More info here: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp/solid-waste/programs/ecoconsumer/repair-events/repair-kent.aspx
WHEN: Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 3-6pm
WHERE: Kent Library, 212 2nd Ave. North, Kent WA 98032: