Kent’s Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum will be hosting its annual Hydro Fever Open House on Saturday, May 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and admission is FREE.
Come and see your favorite vintage hydroplanes! The museum has one of largest collections of Gold Cup winning hydroplanes in the world, including the Slo-mo-shun V, Pay ‘N Pak, Atlas Van Lines, and Miss Budweiser.
The museum features many other fully-restored vintage unlimited hydroplanes, including Miss Burien, Miss Bardahl, Oh Boy! Oberto, and Seattle’s first Unlimited hydroplane race winner in 1951 – the Slo Mo Shun V.
- You can also tour the current restoration project, The Squire Shop.
- Memorabilia vendors will be selling vintage buttons, pins and programs.
- A noon live auction will feature rare hydroplane memorabilia to benefit the museum.
- Casper model boat races are available for kids.
- Food and drink are available for purchase.
- There will be a hot lunch available.
For more information, email [email protected], or call (206) 764-9453.
More info at https://thunderboats.ning.com.
The address is 5917 South 196th Street in Kent: