The City of Kent is calling on residents to volunteer to serve on the Parks & Recreation Commission.
The 16-member commission meets the fourth Tuesday of each month, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Centennial Center at 400 West Gowe Street in downtown Kent.
Volunteers serve three-year terms and their roles are advisory in nature and shall make reports and recommendations to the mayor, city council and city staff concerning parks and recreation issues including:
- Ways to advocate public support, involvement and funding of Kent parks, facilities and programs;
- Opportunities to engage the public in decisions affecting Kent parks, facilities and programs;
- Budget recommendations for the acquisition, development and operation of parks, facilities, and programs;
- Policy recommendations;
- Comprehensive parks and trails planning;
- Priorities for the acquisition of land and/or facilities;
- Development, design and operation of parks, facilities and programs;
- Capital improvements planning;
- Rules, regulations or other restrictions applicable to parks, facilities and programs;
- Concessions at park facilities;
- Contracts, interlocal agreements and lease agreements regarding parks and recreation activities.
- Other matters that the mayor, city council or parks director may refer to the Parks and Recreation Commission for its consideration and recommendation.
The deadline to apply is March 21, 2018.
Contact [email protected] with questions.