The Sound Transit Art Program (STart) has identified many art opportunities to enrich the experience for riders using its transit systems, and has put out a ‘Call to Artists’ for Art.
Sound Transit (ST) is expanding its pre-qualified artist pool for eligibility to be further considered in developing artwork for ST facilities. They are currently seeking artists to produce permanent and temporary art in a wide range of styles, scales and perspectives for Sound Transit public spaces.
- Artists selected for the pool expansion will remain eligible for STart projects for three years.
- Artists from the pool short listed for specific stations will be notified to gauge their interest in the project.Inclusion in the artist pool does not guarantee an art project.
- STart reserves the right to supplement the pool as project needs arise.
- Artists who were previously qualified for the STart 2016 Roster are still included in the pool and need not apply.
- The pre-qualified artist pool is a key method for involving artists in upcoming Sound Transit projects, but will not be the only method for selecting artists.
The full guidelines for this call are available here.
If you know of any artists who would be interested in this opportunity, please forward this post to them!
BUDGET RANGE: $3,000 – $750,000 for designing and fabricating a variety of large-scale, discrete, temporary, and community engagement art projects
ELIGIBILITY: Professional artists or artist teams living and working in the U.S. are eligible to apply. Sound Transit staff, project personnel and immediate family members of all of the above are not eligible.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Friday, February 9th, 2018, 4:00 p.m. PST
4Culture will manage the application for this Sound Transit opportunity. The artist selection process and future use of the selected artist pool and associated projects will be managed by STart.