It is a privilege to write why I and my family support Jim Berrios for mayor of Kent.
I hearken back eight years to articles written in the Kent Reporter among others – one by Brian Beckley extolling the first 10 years the Jim and Suzanne Berrios owned the Golden Steer restaurant. What made the article special was the sincerity that Beckley described the Berrios “steadfast commitment” to community.
Or the Mark Klaas article in the Reporter on June 18, 2014 (Golden Steer restaurant to celebrate golden anniversary), or another Beckley article on Feb. 10, 2009 (Kent schools ever closer to new superintendent.)
If one Googles and reads article after article over the last 18 years, it’s always Berrios’ steadfast commitment to the public. Doesn’t matter who or what the public are, just Berrios consideration regarding them.
Thus, the following is appropriate…
1. Jim Berrios is a family man and a parent.
2. Jim Berrios is a man of the people.
3. Jim Berrios is a well versed businessman attuned to finding funding solutions.
4. Jim Berrios has never wavered on his steadfast commitment to fair representation
5. Jim Berrios obviously does his homework is and is prepared.
6. Jim Berrios knows how to form a consensus and has a unique ability to prioritize difficult issues by finding solutions.
7. Jim Berrios, if you take time to read his 18-year Kent history, you will learn about the person who should be the next mayor of Kent.
– Barry Anderson, Sr.
This post was paid for by the candidate’s campaign.