Smoke alarms awakened the family. No injuries were reported.
Just after midnight, smoke alarms woke up a Kent family to find an electrical fire in the master bedroom in the 24600 block of 101st Place on East Hill. The residents used a fire extinguisher, but the fire continued to grow, so the family evacuated the home and called 9-1-1.
The residents are receiving help from the American Red Cross due to the smoke damage throughout the upstairs sleeping areas.
In addition to Puget Sound Fire Units, South King County Medic One responded to check the family members and provide support to the fire crews.