One of only four Amazon facilities to do so worldwide
Last week Amazon reported that 2016 was its best holiday season ever for the online retail giant. Echo, Echo Dot, Fire TV Sticks, Fire tablets, Amazon Echo and Oreo cookies were among the best-selling items this holiday season.
Amazon’s Kent, Washington fulfillment center was mentioned specifically in a press release, noting that the Kent fulfillment center was one of four Amazon facilities that shipped more than one million items in a single day during the holiday season! The other fulfillment centers exceeding the one million mark were San Marcos, Texas and two fulfillment centers in Poland – Poznan and Wroclaw.
“We couldn’t have made this holiday season possible for customers without the dedication and hard work of our customer service, transportation, and fulfillment associates along with our carrier partners – it’s amazing to see the teams come together to serve customers during the holidays. On behalf of Amazonians all around the world, we wish everyone happy holidays and the very best for the coming year,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon.
Other holiday highlights from Amazon include:
- More than one billion items were shipped worldwide with Prime and Fulfillment by Amazon.
- December 23, 2016 was the biggest day ever for Prime Now, a one- and two-hour delivery service available in some cities.
- More than 72 percent of Amazon customers worldwide shopped on a mobile device
- December 19 was the peak worldwide shipping day
- Amazon employed more than 200,000 full-time and seasonal associates to make holiday shipping possible
- Amazon has more than 45,000 robotics units working alongside Amazon associates in more than 20 fulfillment centers.
- Amazon customers purchased enough 4K TVs this holiday season to reach the peak of Mt. Everest more than nine times.
- Amazon customers bought enough KitchenAid Mixers this holiday to make nearly 7.5 million cookies at once.
- Amazon customers bought enough copies of the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection to play consecutively for more than 300 years.
For more highlights from the 2016 holiday season, visit Amazon.com.