Last week we sent out a survey to gauge how our readers use iLoveKent.net and how it impacts their day. The goal was to understand what information you get from iLoveKent, how you like to get that information, and what we could to improve the site should we decide to keep it going into 2017.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the survey. We received 47 responses. Here is a summary of the results:
- 47% of respondents visit iLoveKent.net weekly, 21% visit daily, 21% visit monthly, and 11% never visit the site.
- Every respondent follows us on at least one social media platform: 87% follow us on Facebook, 47% follow us on Twitter, and 26% follow us on Instagram.
- If iLoveKent.net went away, 68% would get local news from the Kent Reporter, 53% would get local news from social media, 8.5% would get news from Seattle TV, 8.5% would get Kent news from Seattle radio, and 32% said they wouldn’t know where they’d get news – maybe KDP, maybe the city website, maybe Kent4Health.
- When asked what they’d miss most if iLoveKent.net shut down, 81% said community news, 77% said the local calendar, 66% said social media, 28% said our monthly newsletter, 19% said editorial content (which I didn’t explain well), and 13% said various things including Kent history.
- 58% of survey respondents said they’d be willing to make a donation to keep iLoveKent.net going, 42% said they would not.
- When asked how we could improve, most people said they were pleased with the content iLoveKent.net provides. A few suggestions included:
- More guest pieces and community member and company profiles
- Breaking news like West Seattle Blog (we do not have the capacity or training to do this)
- Promote iLoveKent.net more so more people know about it
- More Facebook posts
- More local editorials
These results will help us as we make our decision about what’s next. We will announce the winner of the $25 Kent Station gift card later today. Thank you.