The City of Kent experiences nearly 60 car related incidents per week. With this in mind, and the holidays around the corner, consider these car safety tips so you don’t become another statistic:
1. Lock your car, every time, even if you are just leaving it for a minute!
2. Put valuables in your trunk BEFORE arriving at your destination (like the gym or grocery store). Someone can see you put them in your trunk, and still break in.
3. Don’t leave your car running to “warm it up.” It is way too easy for a stranger to hop in and drive off.
4. Report suspicious people in parking lots who are lingering and/or looking in windows. Call 9-1-1.
5. Be aware of your surroundings.
If we all take just a few seconds to practice these safety techniques, we can reduce the number of car prowls in and around Kent.