This morning the Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority issued a message to residents and visitors of Kent and Covington regarding the Fourth of July.
Fireworks Hours (only on July 4th):
Kent: 9 am – 11 pm
Covington: 9 am – midnight
1. Attend one of the many area fireworks displays. Click here for a list.
2. Only purchase and discharge legal fireworks.
3. Have a garden hose, bucket of water or fire extinguisher nearby while using fireworks.
4. Fireworks should be discharged under an adult’s supervision.
5. Do not discharge fireworks in areas that are dry or where the danger of a fire is high.
6. Do not discharge fireworks near pets or animals.
For safety tips and more information on which fireworks are legal and which are not, visit the Kent Fire Authority online.
Call 9-1-1 to report illegal fireworks, but please keep in mind that call volumes will be high and non-life and non-property threatening calls will be secondary to more serious emergencies.
Please enjoy your holiday safely!