Hosted by the Kent Parks Foundation and Arthur Murray Dance Studios, Local celebrities will gather in the Lindbloom Center at Green River Community College this Sat., Oct. 20 to dance their hearts out in the second annual Dancing with the Stars Kent. Proceeds from this fundraiser will be used to support parks programs including buying new computers for the Big Blue Bus, resistance trainer bike stands for Adaptive Recreation classes, lifeguard supplies for Lake Meridian, supporting Green Kent Partnership and drop-in soccer fields at West Fenwick Park.
Celebrity dancers include:
- State Representative Tina Orwall
- Senator Joe Fain
- Matt Schweitzer, Direction of Operations, Cal’s Classic American
- Kent Councilmember Elizabeth Albertson
- Barbara Smith, Executive Director of the Kent Downtown Partnership
- Patrick Briggs, Executive Assistant to Mayor Suzette Cooke
- Sharona Chandra, Chair of the Kent Arts Commission
- Commander Tracey Church
- Firefighter Ryan Dudley
- David Hobbs, Parks Program Coordinator
- Kent Councilmember Deb Ranniger (winner of last year’s Philanthropic Trophy)
Barbara Smith, pictured above, said, “I feel so honored to be asked to dance; one, because Arthur Murray dancers at Federal Way are fabulous instructions, and because we are raising money for programs to help kids through the Kent Parks Foundation. It’s just a win-win.”
Tickets are available online at KentParksFoundation.org. General admission tickets are available for $30 and VIP Dinner tickets are $100.