Vehicle prowls are on the rise, so please remember to remove ALL valuables from your vehicle. It only takes 30 seconds for someone to break into your car and steal your purse, garage remote, CD case or other valuables. Be safe – take everything with you!
And if your garage remote is stolen, Garry Stewart of Doorman Service in downtown Kent says you can erase the code for the remote so that thieves can’t use it to break into your home!
Click here to review the latest crime stats of the City of Kent.
Auto Theft Prevention – Top 10 List (thanks to the City of Kent for providing this info.)
- Remove all valuables every time you park.
- Lock all doors.
- Completely close all windows.
- Install and use an alarm system.
- Never leave your vehicle running unattended.
- Consider installing a steering wheel locking device such as The Club. Clubs are available at a reduced cost through the Kent Police Foundation.
- Park in well-lit locations.
- Avoid parking in isolated areas.
- Remove your GPS system, including the suction cups that are mounted on your windshield.
- Call 9-1-1 at the sign of any suspicious activity.