The National Weather Service is warning of a second round of snow, starting this Friday, Feb. 8.
While it may be a bit early to predict with certainty, UW Meteorologist Cliff Mass said this:
“There is going to be a major snow event over much of the Pacific Northwest starting late Friday and continuing into the weekend.
“A much larger snow event than occurred on Sunday night/Monday morning of this week. And one in which snow will be falling on a surface that is now cooled substantially.
“I have studied Northwest snowstorms for years and even co-authored a paper on the subject. What is forecast to occur late Friday and this weekend is absolutely classic.”
Mass also mentions another round of the white stuff possibly arriving Monday/Tuesday of next week:
“There is a second snow event on Monday/early Tuesday that doubles the snowfall in some locations. The accumulated snow through the weekend ending 4 AM Tuesday is shown below. We are talking over a foot of snow in central Puget Sound. Two feet in some of the foothills locations. Unbelievable.”
Thread with latest details on next winter storm! Significant lowland snow possible with another bout of strong Fraser Valley outflow winds across the north interior Friday – Saturday. #wawx #wasnow pic.twitter.com/zIFBbME8T3
— NWS Seattle (@NWSSeattle) February 6, 2019
- Today (Wednesday): Sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values between 18 and 28. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Wind chill values between 11 and 16. East southeast wind around 9 mph.
- Thursday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 41. Wind chill values between 16 and 26. East southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest in the morning.
- Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. East northeast wind around 9 mph becoming southeast in the evening. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday: Snow likely before 4pm, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Southeast wind 8 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night: Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday: A slight chance of snow before 10am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday: A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.