Residents warned about high level of toxic algae at Lake Fenwick

Water quality tests at Lake Fenwick reveal a high level of toxic algae, the city announced Friday, Aug. 17.

“We are advising park visitors and their pets to avoid contact with lake water and the shore,” the city said.
“Do not drink the water or engage in other water-contact activities such as fishing or wading until further notice.”

As a reminder, swimming is already prohibited at Lake Fenwick.

Learn more about toxic algae at Washington State Northwest Toxic Algae: https://www.nwtoxicalgae.org/.

“We will update our social media channels and website when conditions change.”