All residents safe after apartment fire in Kent Thursday

All residents are safe after an apartment fire in the 700 block of 5th Ave S. in Kent (map below) Thursday afternoon.

It appears the blaze was at the Kent Fifth Avenue apartment complex, which was built in 1966 and has 49 units.

Puget Sound Fire fought the blaze, along with help from Valley Fire and Renton.

Firefighters had to cut a hole in the attic to douse it.

Friday morning (July 13), authorities said that the fire was accidental and caused by cooking.