Minor Kitchen Fire on Kent’s East Hill

No injuries reported

Kent News from Puget Sound RFA: Minor Kitchen Fire on Kent East Hill

No injuries reported

At 3:27PM, in the 22700 block of 113th Place SE cooking oil in a frying pan on a kitchen stove caught on fire and ignited the kitchen cabinets and ceiling. The occupant was able to safely get out of the home with only minor smoke inhalation.

Puget Sound Fire Engine 74 arrived and quickly made access into the home and was able to hold the fire to the kitchen area and hall. Ladder 74 helped drag the hose to the fire hydrant and supply water for the fire attack.

Red Cross arrived and assisted the occupants of the home with some immediate help for the next three days.

South King County Medic One checked the occupant who was in the home at the time of the fire for injuries.

Units from Renton Fire RFA also responded to the incident.

Safety Tip: Remember when cooking with oil in a fry pan to never use high heat, stay by your pan the whole time, and if the grease does catch on fire have an oven mitt and correct size lid to smother the fire out.

[Source: Puget Sound Fire Authority]