Public is invited to attend this free event.
The City of Kent is celebrating Public Works Week at ShoWare Center (625 W. James St., Kent, WA 98032) on Thursday, May 25 from 10 AM to 5:30 PM.
During this free event, guests can…
- Meet the people providing public works services.
- Climb into the machines that do the ‘heavy lifting.’
- Experience hands-on educational displays.
- Join an interactive scavenger hunt.
- Explore career opportunities.
- Learn what it takes to bring the City of Kent to life.
Among the many annual contributions Kent’s public works employees provide are the following:
• Treatment of over 2.5 billion gallons of water to ensure it is safe to drink
• Filling over 1,800 potholes
• Reducing the safety threat of snow and ice on Kent’s roads
• Inspection/repair of 320 miles of city streets and over 300 miles of sidewalks
• Maintenance of 280 miles of water pipes and 210 miles of wastewater pipes
• Maintenance of police and emergency vehicles, communications, lighting and electronics
• Hosting Kent’s recycling and conservation programs
• Maintenance and repair of over 17,000 street signs
• Inspection/maintenance of over 13 miles of flood protection levees along the Green River