Electrical Panel Ignites House Fire in SeaTac

No one was injured in the fire.

Kent News: Electrical Panel Ignites Fire in SeaTac home

No one was injured in the fire.

Contributed by Puget Sound Fire Authority

Yesterday evening, a residential electrical panel caused a fire in a SeaTac home in the 3700 block of South 172nd Street.

Two men were in the home at the time of the fire and attempted to put the fire out with a handheld fire extinguishers. When Puget Sound Fire firefighters arrived at approximately 5:40 PM, they found smoke and sparks coming from the panel.

Because the system was energized, firefighters stood by to keep the fire from spreading until Puget Sound Energy arrived and disconnected the power. The fire was contained to the panel and the wall surrounding it, and is considered accidental.

In addition to Puget Sound Fire, a fire engine from the Tukwila Fire Department also responded to the call.