UPDATED Jan. 31, 2013: As promised, I’m going to list 365 reasons I love Kent, Washington throughout the year, one reason for every day of the year. My reasons for loving Kent may be different than yours, but the ones on mu list represent people, places or things that I continue to make Kent, Washington my home. I’d love to hear your reasons! Add them in the comments below or visit our Facebook page.
1. Danny Mumaugh, goalie for the Seattle Thunderbirds (why is Danny #1? because he’s #1)
2. Reds Wine Bar, celebrating its 2nd anniversary, this wine bar is located at the GRCC end of Kent Station
3. Kent Station, an outdoor shopping center in downtown Kent with dozens of shopping, dining and entertainment options
4. Sweet Themes Bakery, a fabulous new bakery in downtown Kent featuring custom cookies, pastries, cakes, soups, salads, sandwiches & more
5. Kent’s Historic District, it’s a small but quaint part of Kent that reminds us of our city’s past
6. Greater Kent Historical Museum, a fun blast from the past in the historic Bereiter house (855 E. Smith St.)
7. Titusville Station, located at the corner of First and Gowe in downtown Kent
8. ShoWare Center, 2-for-Tuesday
9. Thrift and discount stores (Value Village, St. Vincent de Paul, St. James Thrift Store, etc.)
10. Kelly Latte’s, 24220 132nd Ave. SE, Kent, mochas, lattes, smoothies and more
12. Mud Bay, 10457 Southeast 240th Street, Kent, Jelly Bean’s favorite spot for dog food, toys & supplies
13. Maggie’s on Meeker, one of the best breakfast spots in Kent
15. Green River Community College, quality education close to home
16. Teddy Bear Toss, Seattle TBirds fan “toss” their teddy bears onto the ice to be given to children in crisis
17. Nevermind Tavern, beer, wine & hot dogs in a friendly neighborhood bar
18. Nature’s Market, grocery store featuring organic, gluten free & other specialty items
19. Chad Gleason, commercial realtor and community volunteer
20. KWHS Munch Madness, Kentwood High School collected 55,000+ pounds of food for the Kent & Maple Valley Food Banks
21. ShoWalk, free indoor winter walking, Monday & Wednesday mornings
22. Dilettante, 514 Ramsay Way, a cafe at Kent Station serving coffee, tea, mochas, lattes, chcolates, pastries and more
23. Kent Library, 212 2nd Ave. N., a branch of the King County Library System right in downtown Kent
25. Airways Beer & Bistro, 320 W. Harrison St., the name says it all – beer & bistro, cozy, friendly and delicious!
26. Murals in downtown Kent
27. Kent Food Bank, 515 W. Harrison St., Ste. 107, feeding individuals and families in and around Kent.
28. Bella home & garden, 417 Ramsay Way, Kent Station, beautiful home & garden store, gorgeous floral arrangements, unique gifts & more.
29. Blanc ‘n Schwartz Salon, 207 E. Meeker St., I just love Wade, Shelby and Nicolette. Fun environment, great service, love my “new” hair!
30. The Yellow House
31. Grocery Outlet, 23910 104th Ave. SE, locally owned, affordable grocery shopping.
We’d like to extend a special thank you to Jeff Heiss (Jeff Heiss Painting) for donating his time, talent and photography for this project.